Monday, February 11, 2008

Zhiliang

During chinese new year, my family and I will go to supermarkets and department stores to buy new year goods such as drinks and snacks. The night before the new year my family and i will stay up late to countdown for the new year and after that they would give me red packets. The next day we would go to my grandparents house to visit them and to exchange mandarin oranges wishing them happy new year we do not need to visit too many relatives as they would come to visit us instead as my father is the eldest in the family. It was a tradition to visit the elders to show some sense of respect. Receiving red packets is what everyone knows about Chinese new year but who you will expect to receive from the answer is that you will receive from married adults the married adults would get it but the grandparents would get it as the are not working anymore. You should not open the red packets in front of the person who have given you red packets. And this is my experience on Chinese new year.